Now, I know what you’re thinking.. ‘another post about skincare’. But I HAD to update you guys on a few new products that I’m loving! And let me tell you this, you’re gonna love them too!
First, I’m gonna be honest, I have really sucked at sticking to a strict skincare routine. I am still doing it nightly but the mornings have been a little rough! I also definitely didn’t do a great job of cleaning my face while on my birthday trip BUT 3 days after coming back home and washing my face a few times, my skin bounced right back!
I still use a few of the same products that I don’t think I will ever take out of my skincare routine. I love them that much.
Here are the products that didn’t change:
- EltaMD Foaming Cleanser – I love this cleanser because of the foaming action you get from it. I can just feel how much dirt it cleans off my face when I wash it off. It’s also pH Balanced, oil-free (deff need that), and really great for sensitive skin.
- Thayers Witch Hazel – Rose Petal – This stuff is a game changer. I love the hint of rose fragrance it has and it really helps soften up my skin after washing it. You know that tight feeling in your skin after you wash it? Gets rid of that instantly! It also helps reduce the size of pores.
- Mario Badescu Facial Sprays – You have probably heard of these before and probably already use them, they are so popular. But in case you haven’t.. THESE ARE AMAZING! They are so light and refreshing and really give your skin a radiant glow. I use the Green Tea w/ Cucumber, let that completely dry, and then spray he rose water!
I have found a few additional products that I have sneaked in there that I’m obsessed with.
- TruSkin Vitamin C Serum – Vitamin C is good for sooo many things like producing collagen, reduces skin discoloration, and keeps your skin looking younger. Uhm, who wouldn’t want all of those things? I have noticed a HUGE difference in the texture and look of my skin since adding this in my routine.
- TruSkin Age Defying Super Serum – I got a suggestion from someone to add retinol in my routine. When I first bought the Vitamin C oil, the company actually sent me a coupon for another one of their TruSkin products! As I was looking on Amazon I found this Age Defying Super Serum. It has tea tree in it and smells SO good. And who doesn’t love a coupon?
- Tula Revitalizing Eye Cream – I have the travel size of this product and I have been using it for almost 3 months now. I love it! A tiny bit goes a really long way and I have noticed a huge difference in my under eye circles and the outside corners of my eyes. They look so much brighter and awake.
- Cerave Moisturizer (Thanks, Babe) – Ok.. this stuff goes on like frosting on a warm cake. It’s so smooth and absorbs into your skin really well! It doesn’t feel greasy at all and you can feel it moisturizing your skin. It doesn’t have a scent which I really like because it doesn’t irritate my skin and I hate having a million different scents on my face. The tea tree and rose are a good combo and I don’t want to add anything else in there and have it be stinky!
- Insta Natural Rose hip Oil – I used a rose hip oil in my last routine but I found a better product and you get WAY more for the price. I love this stuff so much.Rose hip oil helps even out skin tone/pigmentation. I use 3-4 pumps each time I put it on and that’s what give me my #dewy look at night.
- Babe Lash (Bonus Product) – I have had a few people ask me what I use on my eye lashes to get them too look like falsies. The answer to that is this product! I use basic, cheap drug store mascara. The Babe Lash is what really gets my eye lashes LONG. It lasts such a long time so I promise the price is worth it! I use this morning and night.
I have been doing this new routine for about 3 months now and I am even more obsessed than the first one. I also did a full review on the Tula line here if you’re curious about the products like I was since it is such a popular skin care line!
Just to explain how I do the routine, I still do my usual cleansing, toner (witch hazel), and sprays. You can see how I use those here.
Then I use the TruSkin Age Defying Serum. I only use this 1-2 times a week since it can be drying if you use it too often. This product is a little pricey but it will last you a while, and your pretty face is worth it! Then I use the face moisturizer. The hubs actually bought this for him but he is basically the connoisseur of all things, and this moisturizer is no exception.
After I have let that soak in, I will use the Vitamin C Serum. I do use this daily, morning and night.. if I have the time in the morning! Then a tiny bit of the under eye cream. After I have gently tapped that in, I will use the Babe Lash. I covered this one above but the last product is by far my favorite.. the rose hip oil. I’m obsessed with it. I may use too much of it but I can’t help it. It is so hydrating on your skin and gives you such a pretty, natural glow.
It’s best to do this routine at least an hour before you go to bed so the serums can really soak into your skin before laying down on your pillow! Oh and if I’m doing this routine in the morning, I just don’t use the rose hip since it does look so shiny/greasy.
And that’s all! If you’d like to see a video on me actually using the products, let me know. Even if you don’t let me know, I will probably do it anyways. When I get the courage to make my first YouTube video!
If you made it this far, thank you. I appreciate you and your support more than you know. Until next time!